Friday, July 13, 2012

Sittin on the sidelines

Well I took the night off. My body said I needed it, but goodness is it hard to watch everyone race while you just stand there! I did get the chance to see things from a different perspective. When I'm out there racing it's hard to focus on what is happening races. I'm usually too busy drinking water, sweating, and jacking my jaw.

I had the chance to take some photos (not the most professional) and I even got a lesson in proper ringing of the last lap bell.














Some amazing and unexpected wins took place last night. Dave Stone killed it in the Win And Out, taking first in a field of 21! That's huge! Zachary Slavens nipped Emilie at the line in the scratch race, and Rob Ollermann found those endurance legs in the points race with a third place.

I am infinitely impressed by the fellow racers.


ALSO, Kayce has been working SUPER hard to come up with plans for Penrose's 50th anniversary party. He has set a date - August 5 for the party. It will be a night of racing with food, beer, and more! If you'd like to contribute, please contact Kayce via STLbiking in the velodrome forum. 

See you all next week!
-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment